Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Stuck between a wok and a hard place

Ok, I searched long and hard (actually, for about 5 minutes) and couldn't come up with a good wok pun, so you can thank M for the title of today's post.  His other option was "Wok it off."  That just seemed....wrong.

Tonight was another crazy day and night where there was no time for a long meal prep.  However, I have had the ingredients for a good stir fry for a few days in the fridge and I didn't want them to go to waste so I was determined to stir fry it up tonight, even if it meant eating at 7:30pm.  Interestingly, it went much faster than I had remembered!

I have a few more days until the wedding, so technically the Experiment is supposed to be over by this weekend.  HOWEVER, it's going so well and I have a whole new plan that I'm starting up on Monday that I'm keeping it going and I have been collecting more recipes to try.  M is on board and very supportive, so I'm very excited.  I may have to rename the blog...any suggestions?

Ok, on to tonight!

The meal:  Chicken stir fry with white rice.  Normally I would make brown rice, but I just feel like sometimes stir fry needs white rice.  And tonight was that night.  I don't have a set recipe that I use, but tonight I threw some carrots and broccoli into the wok with some chicken and stir fry sauce that I found in my cupboard and it was delish!



Why is it challenging:  M is not a big chinese food fan.  I wouldn't really call this chinese food, but to M it's close enough.  Actually, he's not a big ethnic food fan in general, unless it's Italian-American or Irish.  The day I make an Indian dish will be a very entertaining night in this house.

ESL:  A 6.

ASL:  A 7!  He gave a little shrug and said "I'd give it a 7."  So I'd say it's a "lite 7."

So K says "A 10!"
Then M says "You give everything a 10."
And K responds:  "That's because she's awesome.  You don't rate her high enough."

At least I know my child's got my back.  And just so you know the kind of guy I'm married to, throughout me writing up this post, he kept providing terrible wok puns.  If there's one thing the man loves, it's a bad pun.  This is a favorite of his:


So before you feel bad that I feed him food he doesn't like, just remember that this is what I get 24/7.  

No comments:

Post a Comment